This Garlic Butter Chicken is an amazing chicken recipe that’s quick, easy, and incredibly flavorful. It takes no more than 15-20 minutes and is prepared right on your stovetop.
Tender chicken breasts are the star of this dish. Each piece is seared to golden perfection in a hot skillet, locking in those juicy, succulent flavors. Then comes the magic ingredient – a luscious garlic butter sauce. Chicken broth, butter and freshly minced garlic cloves are cooked in the residual chicken goodness, infusing the kitchen with an irresistible aroma. The chicken pieces are returned to the skillet while the sauce is coating each piece. The result is a great blend of flavors, the garlic adds a subtle kick while the butter lends a smooth, velvety finish.
For a touch of freshness, sprinkle chopped parsley over the dish and garnish with lemon slices.
Serve this Garlic Butter Chicken with your favorite side dishes like a bed of fluffy rice, pasta, quinoa or alongside seasonal vegetables. The versatility of this dish makes it perfect for weeknight dinners or special occasions.
With just a skillet and a handful of ingredients, you can create this amazing Garlic Butter Chicken, a dish that will surely become a family favorite.
How to make garlic butter chicken
Start by cutting the chicken breast into ¾ inch (2cm) long strips, for even cooking. Season both sides with a pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper, and aromatic oregano.
Heat a generous 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Gently lay the seasoned chicken strips into the pan. Let them cook for about 4-6 minutes. Once they’re beautifully golden, flip them over for another 4-6 minutes of cooking. You want that perfect, mouthwatering color on both sides.
Place the cooked chicken onto a waiting plate while you work on the next step.
Now, in the same skillet, pour in the chicken broth, add minced garlic, the butter, a touch of paprika, and a hint of chili flakes for a gentle kick. Let it simmer for about a minute until the butter melts, and garlic is releasing its irresistible fragrance.
Gently reintroduce the golden chicken back into the skillet, letting it mingle with the bubbling garlic butter sauce. Coat each piece lovingly.
Turn off the heat and sprinkle some fresh parsley for a burst of color and flavor. If you’re feeling fancy, arrange some zesty lemon slices for an extra zest.
Now comes the best part, serve and savor. Pair it with your favorite side dishes and veggies.
Hope you will try this Garlic Butter Chicken recipe and if you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Hope you enjoy as much as we did.
Other chicken recipes you may like to try
This Chicken Alfredo Pasta is a rich and comforting dish, that combines a creamy Alfredo sauce made from butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese with perfectly cooked fettuccine pasta.
Skillet Chicken Fajitas are a wonderful and colorful dish that’s great for lunch or dinner. It’s made with thinly sliced marinated chicken, vibrant peppers, and thin strips of onion, that quickly cook in a hot skillet.
This Teriyaki Chicken is a quick and easy way to prepare chicken for lunch or dinner. The combination of sweet, spicy and salty flavors come together to create an irresistible glaze that’s perfect for coating the chicken.
For more chicken recipes check our full collection of Chicken Recipes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Baked Honey Sesame Chicken
The Best Chicken Marsala
Chicken Stir-Fry Noodles
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Whole Roasted Chicken
Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken and Roasted Veggies
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Chicken Tikka Masala
Oven BBQ Chicken Wings
20 Delightful Chicken Recipes
Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Baked Cornflake Crusted Chicken Strips
Garlic Butter Chicken – Quick and Easy Chicken Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds (700g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- freshly ground black pepper
- dried oregano
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup (120ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter
- 5 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 tsp (1g) paprika
- 1 tsp (1g) chili flakes
- fresh parsley , for garnishing
- lemon slices , for garnishing
- Cut the chicken breast into ¾ inch (2cm) long strips. Season the chicken on both sides with salt, freshly ground pepper and oregano.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for about 4-6 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for another 4-6 minutes until golden brown. Check if the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate until you prepare the garlic butter sauce.
- In the same skillet, add the chicken broth, garlic, butter, paprika and chili flakes to the pan. Cook for about 1 minute until simmers, butter is melted and garlic releases its fragrance.
- Transfer the chicken back into the skillet, and toss to coat with the garlic butter sauce.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle fresh parsley and arrange some lemon slices if desired.
- Enjoy with your favorite side dishes and veggies. Enjoy!